Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
U.S.Polo - Assn. Sandals Kingdom - United Women U.S.Polo Assn. Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11499871JR 05e27c8 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase U.S.Polo - Assn. Sandals Kingdom - United Women U.S.Polo Assn. Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11499871JR 05e27c8
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Dolce & Gabbana Espadrilles - Men Dolce & Gabbana Espadrilles online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11147601UE , Prada Black Low Top Leather SneakersAmp XT Women’s Sneakers | KNOCKOUT PINK-Puma White , Twin-Set Simona Barbieri Ankle Boot - Women Twin-Set Simona Barbieri Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11321423DGTosca Blu Shoes Ankle Boot - Women Tosca Blu Shoes Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497712QM , Ladies Tory Burch New Nantucket Sandals Different styles and styles , KAPPA 303js30 Ussel 929 Black-grey HIGH-TOP TRAINERS?FOR WOMENWOMENS Nike Wmns Free Viritous Sneakers To adoptSee by Chloé Leather Trim Wedge SandalsVagabond CINDY - Classic ankle boots Colour: blackAdidas Weekend Platform sandals - green/khaki , mens/womens Pikolinos Margarita 943-1607 Heels discountAdidas Women's EQT Bask ADV Shoes , Onitsuka Tiger Trainers - white/peacoatDonna Carolina Trainers Colour: gotik tetris , Men/Women Lugz Metric Sneakers & Athletic Lugz Clearance sale , Plvil hi high top trainers , pink print, Palladium , men's/women's Badgley Mischka Sabine II Heels Comfortable feeling , Adidas Ilse Jacobsen Wellies - dark indigoMsgm Sneakers - Women Msgm Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493554EJSpringa Sneakers - Men Springa Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457293JP , Supra Sneakers - Men Supra Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11473646SF , Le Bohémien Boots - Men Le Bohémien Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11485277GO , Spaziomoda Sandals - Women Spaziomoda Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11572867DL , Alberto Fermani Boots - Women Alberto Fermani Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11550997GA , Just Cavalli Court - Women Just Cavalli Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11570927NM , Laurence Dacade Sandals - Women Laurence Dacade Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11142423CH , NVYOZEut Dr. Martens 8065 Mary Jane , Ranked first in its class Hoka One One Hupanalady Silver Leather Classic Sandals Average costs ,