Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Chiara Ferragni 11277750FC Loafers - Women Chiara - Ferragni Ferragni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11277750FC 1b0d59b - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Chiara Ferragni 11277750FC Loafers - Women Chiara - Ferragni Ferragni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11277750FC 1b0d59b
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Le Coq Sportif Sneakers - Women Le Coq Sportif Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11533661CX , Gianni Marra Ankle Boot - Women Gianni Marra Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11328387IWOreni 1903 Court - Women Oreni 1903 Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11484173BJGiuseppe Zanotti Black/Navy Stripe Runnera Sneakers , Nunn Bush Ozark Plain Toe Chukka Boot with KORE Walking Comfort TechnologyLadies Tory Burch Makeup Elizabeth Sandals promotion , Senso LIONEL - Ankle boots Colour: chalk , DKNY LAURA - Slip-ons Colour: blackRedskins ISALI - Trainers Colour: noirMen/Women Chinese Laundry Triple Major Heels Environmentally friendly , Puma SUEDE CLASSIC+ - Trainers - bordeaux/beige , Onako' Sneakers - Women Onako' Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11527248KL , Y-3 Sneakers - Men Y-3 Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540740RE , Msgm Sneakers - Men Msgm Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11500856WRAdidas Swedish hasbeens CROSS STRAP DEBUTANT - Clogs - red , Men/Women G.H. Bass & Co. Nadine Boots Beautiful and charmingAlexander Wang Sneakers - Men Alexander Wang Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11423163AJ , Hogan Sandals - Women Hogan Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11304714TW , Joshua*S Ankle Boot - Women Joshua*S Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11508327LT , Emma Hope Sneakers - Women Emma Hope Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11499387PE , Women's Stuart Weitzman Clear/Silver Sandals Cheapest , Comfortable feeling PARC City Boot Humber , Excellent workmanship Teva Katavi 2 ThongHigh quality and economy Justin Trekker WaterproofPropet Sawyer The cool and casual Sawyer loafer eases you through the day , Christian Louboutin Multi-color Women's Bip Bip Aquarium High-top Glitter Sneakers Sneakers , DKNY Nude New Ember Peep Toe Leather Sandalslady Giuseppe Zanotti Black Formal Shoes Hot sale , woman MIA Multi Colored Summer Wedges Preferred material , lady Dansko Coffee Brown 1640787800 Wedges Stable quality