Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Dolce & Gabbana Loafers online - Men Dolce & United Gabbana Gabbana Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11515478MK 5c90271 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Dolce & Gabbana Loafers online - Men Dolce & United Gabbana Gabbana Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11515478MK 5c90271
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Twin-Set Simona Barbieri Sneakers - Women Twin-Set Simona Barbieri Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11364333ELLaurence Dacade Ankle Boot - Women Laurence Dacade Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11364138IG , Isabel Marant Ankle Boot - Women Isabel Marant Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11458279CN , Dr Martens VEGAN 1461 BlackWomen's Sigerson Morrison Camel Cailey Wedges Full specificationTory Burch Black White and Brown Sandals , womens Kelly & Katie Red Wedges durabilitymens/womens Walking Cradles Kennedy Heels Elegant style , Adidas Noclaim STELLA - Trainers - black , LK Bennett NIAMH - Classic heels Colour: black , Nike Performance AIR VERSITILE III - Basketball shoes - universal red/black/anthracite , mens/womens Diadora 7-TRI ID Sneakers & Athletic Diadora Vintage tide shoes , mens/womens Circa Corpus Sneakers & Athletic Circa renewed on timeDesigual Sandals - Women Desigual Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11479128FG , Diemme Sneakers - Women Diemme Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11500880JX , Red(V) Boots - Women Red(V) Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11237995DI , Alberto Fermani Boots - Women Alberto Fermani Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11034806LEMaria Cristina Sandals - Women Maria Cristina Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 44622974AANicholas Kirkwood Sandals - Women Nicholas Kirkwood Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11447808NX , Saint Laurent Sandals - Women Saint Laurent Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11509636UU , Stuart Weitzman Court - Women Stuart Weitzman Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11471850DPVBleIN6p Vineyard Vines Printed Flag Flip-Flopuse Swedish Hasbeens Merci Sandal , Caramel, gentle ASICS Weldon X , Under Armour Black White and Gray Running SneakersSalvatore Ferragamo Black and White Item #1176169 Sandals , ladies Tory Burch Gold 1214854 Wedges Different styleswomen Christian Louboutin Coral Discolilou Platforms Modern technologywomens Buscemi Grigio Perla 100mm Sneakers Beautiful designMISS Tory Burch Ivory Jackie Wedges tender