Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Mivida Ankle Boot United - online Women Mivida Ankle Boots online oddfellow-14981 on YOOX United Kingdom - 11505459NB 472dfd4 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Mivida Ankle Boot United - online Women Mivida Ankle Boots online oddfellow-14981 on YOOX United Kingdom - 11505459NB 472dfd4
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Agile By Rucoline Court - Women Agile By Rucoline Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11496113XC , Officine Creative Italia Loafers - Men Officine Creative Italia Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11483881RMGiancarlo Paoli Sandals - Women Giancarlo Paoli Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11129671SV , GIOSEPPO S015841068bpi LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMENPIKOLINOS 8659-pikolinos BOTA OUTDOOR PARA MUJER , Nike Presto Fly Jdi - Sneakers - Men Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11565813RMLola Cruz Ankle Boot - Women Lola Cruz Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11346416OMMISS Saint Laurent Blush Tribute Platforms Sufficient supply , ladies Christian Louboutin Gold Catchetta Sandals High-quality materialsWOMEN Converse Black/White Sneakers Diverse new design , Lacoste CHAYMON - Trainers - grey/blackAdidas J.CREW TALL QUINN BOOT - Boots - blackman/woman SKECHERS Parallel - Fastened Boots selling pricemens/womens Brighton Ice Clogs & Mules Lightweight shoes , men's/women's Dirty Laundry Josi Sneaker Sneakers & Athletic Dirty Laundry Immediate delivery , KARL LAGERFELD EXCLUSIVE VITESSE LEGERE - High-top trainers Colour: blackMen/Women Crocs Bogota Clogs & Mules The highest quality material , Cinzia Araia Sneakers - Men Cinzia Araia Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493982TE , Jeffery West SYLVIAN DEVIL LADY SHARP ZIP BOOT - Cowboy/Biker boots - blackBcbgeneration Sandals - Women Bcbgeneration Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11374604DI , Hunter Boots - Women Hunter Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11257661KINike Sneakers - Women Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11568583NGwomen Prada Beige/Green Wedges Attractive fashionWOMENS Stella McCartney Blac Wedges durabilityLADY Prada Orange Sandals New design , Earth Newton Keep your week casual and upbeat in the cute Newton mary jane from Earth , Tan Or Beige Peep Toe Silver Scrunch Ridges Fabric Detail Sandals , women Tory Burch Black Tatiana Sandals in short supply , women Hermès Black Knight Sandals a great varietywomen Tory Burch Tan Fleming Sandals Quality first ,