Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Dorateymur Ankle Ankle Boot 11480584CL - Women Dorateymur 17479 Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11480584CL 0e78063 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Dorateymur Ankle Ankle Boot 11480584CL - Women Dorateymur 17479 Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11480584CL 0e78063
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Dolce & Gabbana Sneakers - Women Dolce & Gabbana Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11271516PJ , Bruschi Ankle Boot - Women Bruschi Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486045BM , Massimo Matteo 5-Eye Chukka Cap BootMARTINELLI 1719x-martinelli ANKLE BOOTS FOR MENAquazzura Multi Black Tropicana Scandal SneakersJanemox By Righi Jr Ankle Boot - Women Janemox By Righi Jr Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11485390MR , Open Closed Shoes Court - Women Open Closed Shoes Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11488922ITWOMENS J.Crew Metallic Silver Tie-back Sandals From the latest model , KAPPA 303i180 Keysy 901 Black LOW-TOP TRAINERS FOR WOMEN , lady Isabel Marant Black Shane Wedges Attractive and durable , ROBERTO LEY 27 ZAPATO PLANO PARA MUJERFLUCHOS F9980 ZAPATO DE CU?A PARA MUJER , mens/womens Nine West Chaylen Sandals Order welcome , MSGM POOLSLIDE - Mules Colour: blackmens/womens Circus by Sam Edelman Jennifer Boots Fair price , Stan smith cf leather trainers , white/green, Adidas OriginalsPeter Kaiser FADILA - Trainers Colour: navy/schwarz glamourDiemme Sneakers - Men Diemme Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11531387SCCamper Sneakers - Men Camper Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11555343RCGeox Sneakers - Men Geox Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11540762FDGARMENT PROJECT BERANS VIBRAM - Classic ankle boots - sand , man/woman Franco Sarto Mailya Sandals a good reputation in the world , men's/women's CC Corso Como Lailey Boots High quality and cheapmens/womens Finn Comfort Oze Sneakers & Athletic Finn Comfort for you to choose , Sergio Rossi Sandals - Women Sergio Rossi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11305644NAStrategia Ankle Boot - Women Strategia Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11305759SIDirect business New Balance MW928v3Jambu Bridget Complete your everyday look with the simple style of the Jambu Bridget flat , Women's Manolo Blahnik White Strappy Sandals Special promotions at the end of the year , Christian Louboutin Multicolor New Gondoliere Sneakers Woven/Patent 38 Sneakers