Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Anna Baiguera Ankle Boot - United Women Anna Anna Ankle Baiguera Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493102WL e997c6c - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Anna Baiguera Ankle Boot - United Women Anna Anna Ankle Baiguera Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11493102WL e997c6c
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Vic Matiē Ballet Flats - Women Vic Matiē Ballet Flats online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11118151ENL' Autre Chose Sandals - Women L' Autre Chose Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11378403BFMm6 Maison Margiela Sneakers - Women Mm6 Maison Margiela Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11334505FV , Vans Ua Authentic - Sneakers - Men Vans Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11314098XG , Ebarrito Ankle Boot - Women Ebarrito Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11457239UW , THIERRY RABOTIN 7377 SHOES FOR WOMEN , See by Chloé Navy Blue Yellow Latte Sb14040 Multi Leather Strappy Eur 36 Sandalswomen Faux Snakeskin Wedges a good reputation in the worldladies Sam Edelman Putty Estelle Sandals Modern and elegant fashionwoman Colin Stuart Nude 265723-608 Platforms Exquisite workmanshipwoman Vagabond Black Noor Leather Sandals Immediate deliveryWOMENS Zara Yellow Leather Pumps Rich designWomen's Salvatore Ferragamo Brown Allegra Pumps Affordable , Men/Women Steve Madden Chantel Sandals Excellent qualitymen's/women's Hush Puppies Heather Tassel Flats negotiation , man/woman Dr. Martens Church Boots New designmen's/women's Vince Vernon Sneakers & Athletic Vince Clearance price , Steve Madden | Steve Madden Winn check stilleto bootNike Sneakers - Men Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11549132RW , Buttero® Sneakers - Men Buttero® Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11467725XBGordon Sneakers - Men Gordon Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11535025NLLanvin Sneakers - Men Lanvin Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11514138LTle coq sportif DEAUVILLE SPORT - Trainers - optical white/croissantPrada Ankle Boot - Women Prada Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11530268XMCinzia Araia Sneakers - Men Cinzia Araia Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11573096CM , hiNEahXc Georgia Boot Small Batch Chukka , BCBG Paris Brown Snake Print Women's 9b/39 Open Toe Heels Sandals , Reebok Black and Grey Hayasu In Silver Sneakers , Arche Black Nubuck/Rubber Wedge Slingback Opentoe SandalsMISS Stella McCartney Taupe/Grey Wedges Good market