Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Islo 11284643QJ Isabella Lorusso Court Court - Women Islo Isabella 26009 Lorusso Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11284643QJ ad9f31d - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Islo 11284643QJ Isabella Lorusso Court Court - Women Islo Isabella 26009 Lorusso Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11284643QJ ad9f31d
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Le Blanc Ankle Boot - Women Le Blanc Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11467961GAToni Pons Ankle Boot - Women Toni Pons Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11517401NWBibi Lou Sandals - Women Bibi Lou Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11347302HLPUMA x ATELIER NEW REGIME Basket Boot | Scarlet Ibis | PUMA SHOP ALL | PUMA United StatesConverse All Star Ctas Ox Canvas Core - Sneakers - Men Converse All Star Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11437519BI , Dibrera By Paolo Zanoli Boots - Women Dibrera By Paolo Zanoli Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11288120PP , Moa Master Of Arts Sneakers - Men Moa Master Of Arts Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11580432FP , Manolo Blahnik Black- Leopard Print Kitten Heel Shells Decor Leather Sandals , Women's Saint Laurent Loafer Sneakers Suitable for color , Converse Chuck Taylor® All Star® Street Mid , KINOA 36n765 Negro FASHION BOOTS FOR WOMEN , STROVER 2220 ZAPATO DE SALóN PARA MUJER , LADY Vivienne Westwood Platforms Elegant and solemn , men's/women's GANT Slip-ons online sale , Stuart Weitzman Bridal & Evening Collection Bebare , men's/women's Bella-Vita Leslie Heels Reliable performanceSaucony DXN TRAINER VINTAGE - Trainers - yellow/white , men's/women's Eileen Fisher Otto Sandals King of quantity , Santoni Loafers - Men Santoni Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11410151FVadidas Originals | adidas Originals NMD CS2 Primeknit Boost Sneakers In Black CQ2373Simon Scott Sneakers - Women Simon Scott Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11543501HHGianvito Rossi Sandals - Women Gianvito Rossi Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11327485BIAlexandre Birman Brown Python Strappy Sandals , SRIEJzav Emporio Armani 3D Knit SneakerHigh-quality Ariat Round Up Remuda , Orders are welcome Teva Terra FI 4Free People Brickel 38 In Bone ~ New In Box ~ Sandals , Dolce&Gabbana Black Dolce & Gabbana Stretchy Upper Slide Slides Kitten Sandals , womens Tory Burch Purple/ Navy Sandals Used in durability , WOMEN Badgley Mischka Silver Wedges new entry