Updated: 2013-08-02 00:06By Li Jiabao (China Daily)
Toga online Ankle Pulla Ankle 11534629IJ Boot - Women Toga Pulla Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11534629IJ 51764d6 - advancedrvsolutions.com
Commerce chief says 2013 target will be achieved despite obstacles
Despite discouraging signs for both exports and imports during the first six months of 2013, Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng has expressed confidence in achieving this year's trade targets.
"Although the current situation suggests great pressures and challenges in the remaining months of the year, we maintain confidence in reaching the target of trade growth for the whole year," Gao said during an interview with the Xinhua News Agency on Wednesday.
Gao added that domestic consumption will keep growing steadily in 2013, while foreign direct investment in China will slightly outstrip that of last year.
Non-financial outbound direct investment will maintain fast growth, he said.
China's exports and imports gradually decelerated in the first half of this year. Exports in June unexpectedly declined 3.1 percent from a year earlier, the biggest fall since 2009 and also the first drop since January 2012.
Imports decreased 0.7 percent year-on-year after a drop of 0.3 percent in May, according to the General Administration of Customs.
The government in March set a target of 8 percent for foreign trade growth throughout 2013, after a gain of 6.2 percent in 2012.
Foreign trade expanded 8.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of this year.
Premier Li Keqiang told a meeting of the State Council on July 24 that the country's trade and economic environment is complex and challenging at present, and innovative mechanisms are needed to increase trade facilitation and the competitiveness of enterprises.
A series of measures covering customs clearance, financial support and a stabilization of the yuan's exchange rate were rolled out during the meeting.
"The Ministry of Commerce will join with other departments to put these measures into actionable form and swiftly bring benefits to enterprises, as well as keep trade growth steady," Gao said.
Meanwhile, the ministry will "actively support potential trade methods and emerging services, such as cross-border e-commerce, while encouraging enterprises to enhance technological innovation, product quality and brand awareness, as well as build up international sales networks to explore emerging markets", he said.
The catalogue of technology and commodity imports will be enlarged to increase buying of energy and resources products, advanced equipment, key parts and consumer goods needed domestically, he added.
Vice-Minister of Commerce and China International Trade Representative Zhong Shan said on Wednesday that the prospects for China's exports and imports had become "grim" this year, with challenges mounting.
"China's exports will be boosted by the State Council's trade facilitation measures, but full-year exports will be just slightly better than last year's in view of frequent trade friction and a remarkable rise in protectionism all over the world," said Lian Ping, chief economist at the Bank of Communications.
China and the European Union on Saturday reached an agreement in their dispute over solar panel exports, the largest trade probe in terms of value by the EU into China. The agreement averted a full-scale showdown.
"China now is the world's second-largest trader and it's normal to encounter trade friction. We should take it rationally and deal with it properly.
"The resolution of the solar panel dispute secures the market share of Chinese exports and benefits China-EU trade ties," Gao said.
- Zhangjiagang wool trade sees increase Toga online Ankle Pulla Ankle 11534629IJ Boot - Women Toga Pulla Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11534629IJ 51764d6
- Beijing and Canberra to resume trade talks
- Cross-straits trade up 34.8% in H1
- Trade measures hit China exports
- EU solar trade dispute diffused
- Slide Vincenzo Piccolo Ankle Boot - Women Vincenzo Piccolo Ankle Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11525193WOTOP3 S020708532bpi FLAT ESPADRILLES FOR WOMEN , LOLAS S042000623aat FLAT ESPADRILLES FOR WOMENFLEXIMAX 150 ZAPATO CONFORT DE MUJER , womens Hermès White Sandals New product , Nike Tennis Classic Ultra Flyknit - Sneakers - Men Nike Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11060680MM , Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Lift Clean - Ox , Paul Green Metalic Grey Peep Toe Chunky Heel SandalsWOMEN Givenchy Sneaker W/ Flowers Sneakers Flagship store , Ladies adidas Red Orange Sandals Special function , Nine West Onyeka Slip On SneakerCanvas heels wide fit, sizes 38-45 (5-10) , black, Castalunamen's/women's Minelli Ankle boots Easy to useASICS GEL-QUANTUM 180 3 - Neutral running shoes - race blue/peacoat , Men/Women Sol Sana Mickey Slip-On Sneakers & Athletic Sol Sana excellentmen/women Boxfresh Trainers Colour: dk brown Diverse new designVoile Blanche Boots - Men Voile Blanche Boots online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11497654BBSara Sandals - Women Sara Sandals online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11460449OMPremiata Loafers - Women Premiata Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11529600HPFornarina Sneakers - Women Fornarina Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11223494SAEstelle Loafers - Women Estelle Loafers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11569419LVAdidas Originals Sneakers - Women Adidas Originals Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11376634JN , Le Marinē Court - Women Le Marinē Courts online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11486779UCOpening Ceremony Sneakers - Women Opening Ceremony Sneakers online on YOOX United Kingdom - 11465821VNrenewed on time Taos Footwear About TimeBaffin Copenhagen The Baffin® Copenhagen mixes style and functionality, making this an ideal boot for both light outdoor hikes and city walking , Dansko Holland Enhance your well-traveled lifestyle by rocking the sporty Holland sneaker by Dansko!Rag & Bone White Standard Issue Canvas Sneakers SneakersJimmy Choo Black 'isabel' Patent Nude Pump SandalsTory Burch Black 51148642 Moore Elba Sandals